🔗 Share this article Latest Refinery Strike Shows 'No Protected Places in Russia's Far Hinterland' Ukrainian UAVs have struck the Russian oil facility in Ufa, located some 1,400 km from Ukraine, resulting in explosions and a fire, per a source in the Ukrainian Security Service. This marks the 3rd SBU long-range attack in the region in the past month. These operations demonstrate that there are no secure zones in the deep rear of the Russia. Zelenskyy Calls On US President to Broker Truce in Ukraine The Ukrainian leader urged President Trump to facilitate a truce in Ukraine during a call on the weekend. "If a hostilities can be stopped in a particular zone, then undoubtedly other wars can be ended as well, covering the Russian war," the President said, hailing the US President's "exceptional" Middle East truce proposal and calling for the American leader to compel the Moscow into talks. Moscow's Strikes Claim Lives in Ukraine Moscow's assaults on Ukraine resulted in the deaths of five people on Saturday and disrupted electricity to areas of the southern Odesa area, per local sources. Two people lost their lives in a place of worship in the town when it was hit, as reported by municipal sources. In the Russian adjacent territory of Belgorod, a lorry operator was killed by a drone assault, per municipal sources. Power Repair Efforts in the Capital Operations continued on the weekend to recover electricity in Kyiv, after Russian attacks. Energy had been recovered to more than 800,000 inhabitants by the weekend and the major private energy company said the primary efforts to repair the grid was finished though partial blackouts remained. Anti-Aircraft Operations and Drone Downings The Ukrainian defense forces neutralized 54 out of seventy-eight enemy drones launched targeting Ukraine in the dark hours, the aerial defense command reported on Saturday. The Russian military authorities stated it shot down 42 enemy drones over Russian territory. Cuban Government Rejects Allegations of Deploying Forces to the War Cuba on Saturday refuted US claims it has sent soldiers to participate in the Ukraine war, while stating Cuban authorities "do not have accurate data about citizens of Cuba" engaged "voluntarily" or "as part of the armed units of either party". The government department in Havana said 26 Cuban citizens had been convicted to prison terms varying between five to 14 years for mercenary involvement since last September when information spread of individuals being deployed to the frontlines in the conflict. I Want to Live Project Reports Information on Cuban Enlistment I Want to Live, a state program that urges opposing fighters to give up, reported in May: "We reliably know the names and personal details of over a thousand Cuban nationals who entered into agreements with the Russian armed forces in the past two years." The Cuban foreign ministry commented of Cuban nationals who might be engaged: "Undeniably that no individual has the encouragement, commitment, or approval of the government in Havana for their involvement." Kin of Cuban nationals who left for the Russian Federation in 2023 reported to Agence France-Presse at the time that their loved ones had been misled into enlisting through advertisements on digital networks.